Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bitx40 contact attempts

This weekend I have been trying to make contacts on 40 meters. Using the bit x 40. I am using an end fed wire with my homebrew L match circuit. I have not had any success yet making contacts.

On Saturday I used a tennis ball with some thin rope and threw it over a tree in the front yard. This took a few tries. After the tennis ball was over the tree I pulled up a thin enamel covered wire. I would say this wire is about 30 gauge. This wire is about 66 feet long which gets fed through the window. This wire is attached is attached to the L match circuit also has a counterpoise wire of approximately 3 1/2 feet.

I tuned up the bitx using a CW tone and my resistive bridge SWR meter. I had no problem getting a match close to one to one. I could hear stations very clearly most of them were very loud, however I am pretty sure a lot of the stations on the air this weekend were using amplifiers.

After trying numerous times to break into many different conversations two days in a row with no response I gave up for now.

😫

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment