Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Homebrew Dip Meter

Dip Meter: Port over

Postby Mr. Nick » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:38 am
I thought I would construct an old instrument called a Dip Meter. This is based on the QST article from the ARRL. The construction is a Nick Special with expensive materials such as used Tupperware and Hot glue.

I layed out a little PCB for the core of the project and had components laying around from previous things. A panel meter I was going to use for something else but didn't. A variable cap from a swap fest I got for like 2 bucks and a fancy frequency counter I purchased from amazon for 9.99 and free shipping from china.

Below you can see some pictures of it as well as the schematic and layout I did if you want to duplicate it.
 
I just used old RCA connectors to make the various coils for the frequencies of interest. They get plugged into the top and are used to magnetically couple to the circuit to be tested.
 
 
 
 
 







 
 
Video of it in action checking a homebrew dipole:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment